Wednesday, October 19, 2011

TABE Conference





This time I went to a conference! In order to maintain my teaching certificate, I have to take 150 hours of professional development every five years. I don't want to lose my teaching certificate so I've started to work toward those hours before my current certification expires. I have a couple of years so I'm kind of cramming. I was able to attend the Texas Association for Bilingual Educators (TABE) conference held in McAllen this year thanks to Omar and my Mom who watched the girls. Omar worked from home during the 3 days and shuttled the girls to and from school and all those other "mom" duties. He did an AWESOME job!! I'm still nursing Karina so she came. along with my mom so that she could watch Karina during the sessions. I returned to the hotel for Karina during breaks and it worked out perfectly. On top of that, Omar used his hotel points for our stay so we were more than comfortable and I was able to save some money there. I have to admit it was like a little vacation for me with minus 2 children! It also felt good to be in the education realm again, and I realized that despite how removed I am from it at the moment, the subject still interests me and that makes me look forward to someday returning to my former profession. My next conference is NABE in February. I am looking forward to learning even more.

No comments: